Casas Del Bosque Sauvignon Blanc Reserva
- In stock, ready to ship
PRODUCER: For many years, Juan Cúneo Solari, the son of an Italian immigrant, dreamed of having his own vineyards in order to produce exceptional wines. In 1993, he finally founded his winery in the Casablanca Valley and named it Casas del Bosque. He was one of the first to plant in the area. Since then, the valley has seen a boom in popularity, and Casas del Bosque remains one of the few family-owned wineries.
WINEMAKING: The grapes were carefully machine harvested at night. On arrival at the winery the grapes were first destemmed and crushed and pressed directly to stainless steel tanks where they were then left to cold soak for 131 hours (5.5 days) before being dug-out and pressed. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle for 4 days following which time 90% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented. Following fermentation this component was aged for 3 weeks on lees before blending. The remaining 10% of the blend was fermented with selected yeasts in 4th and 5th use French oak barrels. After three weeks the barrel component was blended with the tank fermented component filtered and bottled.
TASTING NOTES: On the nose this wine shows intense notes of key lime, grapefruit and fresh ginger dominate with just a hint of salinity. In the mouth, bright flavours of ginger and citrus zest give way to a tight mineral backbone and good acidity. Delicious served chilled as an aperitif, or paired with light pasta dishes, salads or poultry.