Bodegas Vinessens El Carro De La Mata Moscatel 2020
- Low stock - 1 item left
PRODUCER: Rafa Bernabé and his wife Olga set up this project in order to help protect local traditional viticulture, especially where there was a risk of some vineyards being sold to property speculators. The vineyards are all dry grown, old bush vines with very small yields. Rafa wants to respect this sense of place by intervening as little as possible both in the vineyard and in the winery.
WINEMAKING: Manual harvest in small plastic boxes. 30% of the grapes are introduced without destemming into clay jars and the remaining 70% destemmed. The must ferments with its skins in a clay jar, spontaneously with yeasts from the vineyard and without the addition of sulfur. Total contact with skin 28 days. After pressing, the wine remains for 4 months in an earthen jar until bottling, which is done without clarifying or filtering and using a part of the lees in the bottle that will serve to protect the wine over time, since no sulphur is added.
TASTING NOTES: Colour: Pale yellow. Nose: Classic grapey moscatel nose but with added notes of honey, salt, white flowers and subtle touches of spicy oak. Palate: Although there is bold tropical fruit, the wine is very dry mineral and saline.