We're Hiring - Retail Sales Executive
- Be responsible for the day to day running of our wine shop, ensuring our high standards of service are always maintained
- Accountable for the creation of attractive and accurate merchandising (price tags, displays, special offer displays) and the panning and creation of the retail merchandising calendar
- Ensure tasting notes are accurate, pricing is correct, and products are sited correctly.
- Be responsible for the creation new product lines onto our website
- Ensure the shop is always clean and tidy, internally and externally this includes dusting, mopping and sweeping.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients
- Give advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Work to team and individual targets for sales and customer service
- Ordering & Expansion of shop accessories range including glassware, gift packaging, wine accessories and impulse products.
- Assist in the selection, preparation and overall delivery and development of the Love Wine Discovery subscription
- Ordering and replenishment of shop stock
- Operate till and accurately handle cash, cheques, vouchers, and credit/debit cards
- Check maintain and manage stock dates and wine vintages
- Ensure security of the store, including being vigilant of shoplifters and fraudulent activity.
- Ensure all equipment used in the shop is maintained and optimised
- Website maintenance
Marketing, PR & Events
- Manage and maintain glass hire system.
- Assist with the management of event bookings, event preparation
- Assist with the hosting of private and corporate wine events
- Assist with social media updates, posts, and campaigns
- Help to deliver new business growth and maximise revenue through Cru Club communications
- Administer Cru Club Applications.
Customer Service Administration
- Assist in processing of sales orders, credits, and invoices
- Replying to general account enquiries using accounting software
- Respond to general enquiries, resolve problems and deal with complaints over telephone and through email.
- Assist in the management of the Love Wine inbox
- Report out of stock items
- Pack private orders to standard.
- Manage Click & Collect procedure.
- Manage stock returns through the shop.
- Stock shelves and be able to use a ladder confidently.
Skills & Experience
- Previous retail, sales or hospitality experience in a customer facing role
- A keen interest in wine is imperative
- A comprehensive understanding of wines, spirits and beers would be an advantage
- WSET qualification would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for delivering superior service
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written English essential
- Adaptable and flexible approach with the ability to work on own initiative
- Interest in social media and marketing
- Mature outlook and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- A good level of IT skills needed
- Confident and comfortable working face to face with members of the public
- Physically fit and able to lift cases of wine
- Smart in appearance