Mother Rock Force Celeste Chenin Blanc
- In stock, ready to ship
PRODUCER: Grapes are sourced from a single vineyard on the Paardeberg Mountain. The vineyard was planted in 1983 and is planted with dry farmed bush vines. Vines are 32 years old, mostly south facing with an altitude of 250 metres above sea level. Soils are decomposed granite which encourage the vine to develop deep and strong roots.
WINEMAKING: Farmed organically with minimal intervention. All grapes were handpicked in the early morning during cooler weather, placed into lug boxes (smaller quantities mean reduced compaction and damage to the fruit) and then moved to cellar. 80% of the wine was cool fermented in stainless steel, the remaining 20% was kept whole bunch, soaked on skins for 4 weeks before fermentation in older 300-litre barrels. Ageing takes place over 9 months in old oak, after which the wine is blended and bottled without fining or filtering and with very minimal SO2 addition.
TASTING NOTES: Beautifully fresh and pure, with notes of pear and apples on the nose. It is pleasantly silky and textured on the palate, with a great acid backbone and minerality on the finish.